UNITED SA Credit Union provides affordable higher education financing for students and recent graduates through cuStudentLoans, a credit union managed network.
Private Student Loan
The cuScholar Private Student Loan can be used to pay for any qualified education expense including tuition, room and board, books, and other school-related expenses. There is no prepayment penalty and borrowers are required to make a modest $25 minimum payment towards interest while in school to promote responsible repayment habits and pay down some interest accrual while in school.
No Origination Fee
for all student borrowers
1% Interest Rate Reduction
once 10% of the loan principal is repaid during the full repayment period
30-Day No-Fee Return Policy
allows you to cancel the loan within 30 days of disbursement without fees or interest
Available for creditworthy borrowers after 24 consecutive on-time principal and interest payments
Helpful Student Information:
- College Affordability and Transparency Center - With this interactive tool launched by the Department of Education, students and parents can search public and private colleges by not only their published tuition price, but also by their "net price" - the average cost after tuition, room and board, book fees and financial aid are all taken into consideration.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - Students and parents of dependent undergraduates must complete this form to determine federal loan eligibility.
- www.studentaid.ed.gov - Detailed student aid and student loan information from the U.S. Department of Education
- www.studentloans.gov - Information from the Department of Education about how to manage your student loans
- www.finaid.org - The smart student guide to financial aid
- www.collegeplan.org - Information on college selection, admission, financial aid and scholarships
- www.collegeboard.com - Scholarship information
- www.mappingyourfuture.org - Detailed information about career planning, selecting a school, and paying for college
From the UNITED SA Credit Union website, you may access links that will leave our website and take you to a site we do not operate. UNITED SA is not responsible for the content or availability of linked sites. Please be advised that we do not represent either the third party or you if you enter into a transaction. Further, the privacy and security policies of the linked site may differ from ours.