UNITED SA has awarded four $1,000 scholarships to four outstanding high school seniors.
The students and their parents were recognized at a special reception on May 18 at the credit union’s Headquarters in San Antonio with President & CEO Kyle Ashley presenting a check to each winner:
- Sophia Esteban - Health Careers High School
- Grace Gunther - Lutheran High School
- Kyle Parrott - Sandra Day O'Connor High School
- Kennedy Tatum - Antonian High School
This is the tenth year that UNITED SA has offered a scholarship program. Students are chosen based on academics, leadership, community service and personal recommendations.
Congratulations to this year's winners!
We're making some changes to our scholarship program for 2017!
We would like to assist our deserving scholarship winners throughout their college careers, so for the first time, UNITED SA will award four renewable scholarships of $1,000 each to graduating seniors attending high school either within or outside Bexar County. The award can be renewed up to three times for a total of up to $4,000 per winner!
The scholarship is based on academics, leadership, community service and personal recommendations. Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be a member of UNITED SA Federal Credit Union in good standing, or
- A child, stepchild or grandchild of a UNITED SA member in good standing.
- You must be a high school senior graduating in 2017.
- You must be ranked in the top 25% of your graduating class.
More details about our 2017 Scholarship Program will be available in September.