Unable to make your loan payment or need a little extra cash to tide you over?
If you are eligible*, you may request a loan extension and we'll give you some extra time to make your next loan payment.
How it works:
- A loan extension brings an installment loan current by moving a payment to the end of the loan.
- It extends the term of your loan by the number of months the loan is extended.
- Interest continues to accrue daily for the extended period (which may increase the total paid over the life of the loan, as well as your final payment.)
- There is a $35 fee per loan extension that can be paid via check or money order made payable to UNITED SA, cash, credit card ($5 fee applies), or deducted from your UNITED SA account.
*All accounts must be in good standing with a savings account balance of $5 or more. At least six monthly payments must have been made on a loan for consideration. You may request a Loan Extension on eligible loans once every six months.
Loans Not Eligible for a Loan Extension:
- Real Estate Secured Loans
- FHA Title 1 Loans
- Certain specially underwritten Auto Loans
- Share or Share Certificate Secured Loans
- Credit Cards
- Single Payment Loans
- Balloon Payment Loans
- Lines of Credit
- Commercial and Business Secured Loans
- Restructured Loans
- Member Business Loans
- Loans paid by an insurance claim or through a debt management program
- Any collateralized loan with an active CPI policy