A UNITED SA Share Certificate is an excellent investment opportunity if you do not need immediate access to your funds and want to invest for longer periods to obtain a higher rate of return.
We offer several options to meet your needs:
- Regular Certificate ($500.00 or more)
- IRA Certificate ($500.00 or more)
- Club 21 Certificate ($250.00 or more)
- Bump It Up Certificate - ($500.00 or more)
Bump It Up Certificate
- Minimum deposit of $500.00
- Available as a Regular Certificate only with a 24 or 36 month term
- Initial rate is the same as the Regular Certificate rate
- If our published rate for your Bump It Up Certificate increases during the term of your certificate, you may request a one-time rate adjustment to match the current published rate
- The maximum adjustment is 1%
- Certificate terms remain the same after a rate adjustment
All other Certificates are available for terms from six to 60 months. Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield (APY) may vary depending on length of term.
A penalty will be imposed for early withdrawal. A withdrawal of all or any portion of the principal prior to maturity will cause automatic termination of the Certificate Account. For a Certificate with a term of one year or less, the penalty will be equal to 90 days worth of dividends, whether earned or unearned, which could reduce the principal balance of the Certificate. For a Certificate with a term exceeding one year, the penalty will be equal to 180 days worth of dividends, whether earned or unearned, which could reduce the principal balance of the Certificate.